Happy Monday bloggy peeps!
I can't tell you how much nicer Mondays are without laundry and housecleaning in them. I'm so loving coming into the weekend and Monday mornings with everything in order.
We had a great weekend around here--lots of resting, lots of documentaries on Netflix, lots of crocheting.
Not to mention a fabulous leaf-hunting walk with Emma on Saturday afternoon. We explored some new paths in the neighborhood and delighted in the season. "I love fall, Mom," she said. "It's my favorite." Me too.
(I do have some pictures, but they're on the camera in the other room and I'm happily ensconced in my chair by the fire.)
Oh! And it RAINED last night. Enough to hear it on the roof. Which I totally love a whole bunch.
1. We studied Antarctica in geography last week and watched this from Netlflix last night all snuggled in bed. Wow. WOW. It's only 40 minutes long, but it was amazing. Incredible.
I tell you what...that's perseverance. Endurance. Courage. Leadership.
2. Netflix also has a bunch of National Geographic stuff on instant watch these days. I highly recommend these:
I think I may have discovered a new favorite film genre.
3. While watching all these, I crocheted away. I'm making this out of some gray alpaca wool in my stash. I hope I have enough yarn--it's going to be close.
The free pattern is here, though you do have to start a free membership to access it.
4. We had friends for dinner on Saturday night--two couples and their two kids each. Twelve of us in all. Emma and I made an apple pie and a cherry pie for dessert. And while I am super loyal to apple pie, the cherry was so super yummy that I'll be making another. Soon. Really soon.
5. I caved and turned on the heat on Saturday morning. It hasn't run much, but it's on. I love the smell the first time you turn on the heat in the fall.
6. Greek midterm tomorrow night. Flashcards are my best friend.
So, what's up with you?
Oh, and we'll be adding verses 11 and 12 to Psalm 91 this week for Memory Monday.