Right off the bat, I have to say that I had always said I would NEVER (yes, absolutely in all caps), NEVER (yep, another one in all caps!) EVER homeschool my kids. Which seems like reason enough right there for it to happen, and for me actually to like it.
I also said I would NEVER drive a minivan (not anymore, but yep, I loved it when I did) NEVER move away from Colorado (that was right before we moved to California and loved it), NEVER move to Arizona (which we promptly did), NEVER be a runner (which I have come to be).
Here I am. Homeschooling my kids. And here are a few reasons why I love it:
1. Lots and lots and lots of out loud reading. I love to read out loud. And we read really good books.
2. Time to stop and talk about what we're interested in. Hmm...I don't know. Let's take a minute and find out.
3. If we want to, we can have school in our jammies.
4. I don't pack lunches. Instead, the girls make their own and clean up afterward.
5. No carpool line.
6. The paper pile. We don't have one.
7. Not being exposed to every cold and flu germ on the planet.
8. I get to learn along with the girls.
9. Quiet time every day after lunch.
10. Someday it's going to snow, and we're going to sit in our jammies by the fire, sipping cocoa, and reading something great. And it will be school. How amazing is that?!
P.S. I will NEVER win the lottery. Just for the record.