We made it! Sorry to leave you hanging so long. But when I'm moving I tend to put my head down and not look up until we're all settled. I'm sitting in my big comfy chair in my room--it's the only place I get internet connection since I'm piggy backing on someone's network and if I try to go anywhere else in the house it drops.
Of course, we're not quite all settled, but I really needed a break from going up and down two big flights of stairs carrying heavy boxes of books. Been organizing the library this morning, putting all of our books into sections and then alphabetizing them by author. I know. But that's just how I do it.
And as I said on Twitter just a minute ago, we don't need any more books. Unless, of course someone wants to fill in all of my missing Nancy Drew and Trixie Beldens. It makes my heart so happy to see them all again.
I'm excited to finish getting everything up and out of the basement that's been stored there for the past year so I can get my mad workshop craft space all set up again. A year of not crafting was hard and I'm so excited to putter and touch fabric and look at zippers and buttons and such. That may not sound like fun to some of you, but others of you know exactly what I mean. :)
There's so much I want to tell you, so it's going to have to be a list if I'm going to get it all down.
1. Between the family who was living here and my sweet mama, my fridge, freezer, and pantry are stocked.
2. We've had dinner with family every night since we arrived in Denver. And lunch a couple of days too. :)
3. I love sleeping with the windows open!
4. Toben and my dad have flipped our deck, turning all the warped boards over and screwing them back down. They'll sand and seal it next weekend. Or maybe tomorrow. I'm pretty sure my love language is house projects.
5. I love spray paint. Already painted a lamp, a basket, and something for Emma's door. If you don't have one of those trigger handles and you spray paint ever, go get one.
6. My house feels huge. And we have so much stuff! And that's after purging a year ago. Hello Craigslist--just as soon as I'm done sorting it all.
7. For the first time in seven years, we have a guest room. And company lined up! Toben gave up his office for it. And we moved a desk into our room. (Our room is big and Toben is really, really neat, so it works.) So if you're ever in Denver and need a place to stay, give a holler.
8. Our first day here was super social. The doorbell kept ringing, which was fun. Thanks, Holly for the muffins and coffee, and Wendy for the latte. And Pam, for stopping by twice. You're welcome to swing by if you know where we are. We'll be here getting settled. But I'm still in my nightgown, so wait a while today! ;)
9. I love our yard! The grass is soft and green, the trees are huge and leafy, and the whole yard is so lovely and shady and cool. We had a picnic for lunch yesterday--can't wait to do it again.
10. Happy Fourth! We're headed to Mom and Dad's for a barbecue later this afternoon and then to the park for whatever's going on there and fireworks. My sister and her family are coming too.
Being home feels like unwinding, like exhaling, like I had been holding my breath and feeling confined. My heart aches when I think of the people I love in Arizona, yet being here feels right. And back to #7...you know who you are, so come visit!
More soon...time to tote some more boxes. I'll post pictures soon. My sis wants to do some home styling photography at some point in her career, so I think I'll let her practice a magazine-like spread on my house. ::wink, wink::