Here's what is true of me when I speak in front of a group:
1. I don't usually feel all that nervous, but I sweat like crazy. Seriously need some new antiperspirant. Like prescription strength. Not an issue on a normal day--even in AZ in the summer, but you can bet I'll be getting some next time I'm at Walmart. Felt like I couldn't raise my arms until about 12:30.
2. I have to pee a lot before I stand up front to talk. So I snuck out this morning while the gals were all in their groups and there was NO TOILET PAPER in the stall I randomly chose. I didn't check first because I was concentrating too hard on not dropping the microphone thing in the toilet. I think I might get in trouble if I did that. And there was no one else in the bathroom to help me out--they were all in Bible study! Luckily, those paper seat cover thing-ys work in a pinch.
(I did admit this to all the women there--and told them exactly which stall was out of paper so they wouldn't get stuck. Just trying to be a good girlfriend.)
(This is an aside and totally not about Bible study, but I also have to pee exactly three times after I get dressed to run before I can run. Why three? No idea. It's just the magic number. Being two miles from home and having to pee soverybadly is NO FUN. You can't run faster without peeing in your pants, and at the same time you're desperate to get home as fast as possible. Bad, BAD news.)
3. I love it when people nod at me, smile at me, make eye contact. Does that make me an affirmation junkie? The result is that I'm a really good audience member. Our worship pastor at church even commented on it. Cause I know how awful it is to have no one willing to meet your eye. I like to give out an outline, so even if someone is writing her grocery list and not looking at me, it just looks to me like she's taking really, really good notes.
4. What is up with the sticky dry mouth? Yuck. Hot water this morning helped. I was afraid if I sucked on a mint and tried to talk at the same time I would probably choke. Going to have to come up with a hand signal from my friend if it gets out of control and starts to build up in the corners of my mouth.
5. Finally, we have really, really cute girls at our church. It's fun to stand up front and get a good long look at all of them. I'd not been to Thursday morning Bible study before this morning (I'm a Wednesday night gal so far) and was way impressed with them. Especially with the young moms with little kids who showed up looking like a million bucks. I was so not that mom when the girls were little.
Wonder if they'd appreciate having a pajama Bible study morning one of these weeks...