Thanks to Susan for reminding me what recipe I promised to share!
(I love Susan. Some day we are going to meet in real life!)
Anyway, boeuf bourginon. You'll notice there aren't many measurements. That's just not how I cook. Bake? I'm all about exact measurements, but making dinner is more of an eyeballing thing until it looks/smells/tastes right for me.
Here's what you need:
- crock pot
- beef (I use round steak, stew beef, or sirloin steaks), cubed
- onions, chopped
- flour, salt, pepper
- garlic, chopped
- burgundy wine
- beef stock, if necessary
- mushrooms, if you like them
And here's what you do:
- Put the beef and onions in the cold crockpot. Sprinkle with flour, salt, and pepper, Stir around until the beef is coated.
- Pour in the bottle of wine and add a bunch of chopped garlic. (I use almost a 1/4 cup.)
- Add mushrooms if you like them.
- Turn on the crock pot to low and let it cook all day.
- If you need more liquid as the day goes, add some beef stock.
We like it over mashed potatoes. Mashed kind of chunky and with the skins on, made with sour cream and thyme.