This past week, the girls and I learned John 15:1-2:
I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
As we've worked on it this week, here's some of what we've been talking about:
- Jesus is the "true" vine. Are there false vines? What are they?
- What does a gardener do?
- Why would a branch that is in him not bear fruit?
- What kind of fruit is Jesus talking about?
- What does pruning look like? What does it feel like?
- Why does a gardener prune?
As we memorize each week, we make a point to talk about WHAT we're memorizing, to understand what the verse means so we're not just rattling it off by rote.
This week, we're adding the next couple of verses in John 15.
What about you? Leave a link or your verse in the comments below. And if you're new and want to know more, click on the button in the right-hand sidebar.