We're headed to the beach tomorrow morning for the weekend and my mind is whirling with all to be done today. So welcome to my list. A list is a girl's best friend, in my humble opinion.
How I love a list! On paper, on computer, on the fridge, on the iPhone--you name it, I love it.
And, yes, I freely admit that I totally go back and add stuff I've done that wasn't on the list just to cross it off.
So here's my list for today.
Wednesday, The List
- Bake a double batch of Hamantashen cookies for the Esther banquet tonight at Bible study. I'm going with the apricot filling, cause that's what I like best.
- Bake bread. Two loaves of cinnamon-raisin swirl. (See? Done already, but I added it just to cross it off!)
- Laundry--have girls sort and get it started early!
- Go for a run. (I went farther yesterday than on Monday, thanks to some Hannah Montana on the ipod. Running is mental for me and I need to pump it up to go the distance.)
- Take a shower. (Really, I need to list it, because otherwise I just might not do it.)
- Buy extra litterboxes for the cats. (Nice thing about cats is that they can stay at home all alone while we're gone.)
- Go to Barnes & Noble to buy some cards. Need to get some in the mail. Pack them and some stamps to write in the car tomorrow.
- Pack for the weekend. Me and the girls. Clothes and fun stuff like books and music and toys. Don't forget the camera!
- Pick up my friend's kids from school this afternoon. Take all six kids (my two plus their four) to the library for books and movies for the trips we're all taking this weekend. (Two are coming with us to California, two are headed to visit some friends in GA)
- Dinner prep for my friend's family. Thinking nachos for tonight. Or maybe spaghetti. I'll have to check the pantry.
- Learn my lines for the Esther play at Bible study tonight. Hmm...think I'll make, I know, INDEX CARDS with my lines!
- Fiddle with my costume. I'm playing Haman and there's a tricky headwrap thing-y I need to figure out how to wear.
- Get out the cooler/shopping bags and start packing groceries for the trip. Make sure I have my grocery list for when we get there.
- Call my mom to thank her for the vintage Thanksgiving postcards that came in the mail last night.
- Buy more motion bands for the road. I only have three pair and want two more pairs for the boys. (Have you tried these? They totally work!)
- Do some school with the girls. They've worked hard this week to get ahead, but we need to cover some science today.
- Print out this post so I have my list handy!
Okay, I think I'd better stop because it's starting to look overwhelming! One thing at a time...
What's on your list for the day?