How's that for a snazzy title?
I wrote a post for the blog Toben and I do together (Our Crazy Marriage) here. I've been struggling some with my emotions, with my attitude, with this whole marriage thing the past little bit. I wasn't sure whether to post it there or here, but there won it.
I feel a list coming on...
1. or two since that other thing was technically first.
2. My mom comes on Sunday and I am so excited to see her. It's been way too long. To go from seeing her almost everyday to living this far away is hard. We've done it before when we lived in California, but it is not my favorite. She's the best mom ever. And I'm not exaggerating. Ask anyone!
3. She and Audrey are headed to New York next week to see my sister. (My sister, who by the way, is pregnant--hooray!--and feeling pukey--not so hooray.) Mom and Audrey will spend time with them in Rye and lots of time in the ctiy exploring AND seeing Mary Poppins on Broadway. Lucky girls. Audrey is so excited and has already started packing.
4. We're taking a school break after Friday. Because Audrey will be gone, we're taking two weeks off. During that time, Emma and I will work on some cursive and some just Emma stuff, but for the most part we're going to spend time together doing what Emma wants to do.
Mom will come back in the spring to take Emma to New York, and we'll do Audrey stuff then. (See, I told you my mom is amazing!) Not sure when my trip is planned. ::hint, hint::
5. I got an iPhone. My old phone was starting to fall apart and even though it still worked, I caved. Toben was adamant that I get one, I was holding off. We were arguing (that sort of fake arguing that gets serious at weird times--do you know what I mean?) about it every stinkin' day, so I went yesterday afternoon with the girls and did it all on my own. Toben was so proud of me.
(Oh, and the Apple boy mocked my old phone. I think he thought I'm not the slightest bit tech savvy. Which I totally am!)
As much as I hated spending the money (I am very cheap), I have to say I love this phone. A lot. The whole app thing? Incredible. I spent 99 cents on Grocery IQ and am so excited to shop with it this weekend. It can total my list for me before I ever leave the house. No more surprise grocery bills!
Oh, and I made a special ring tone today. Sneaky shortcut thing Toben showed me how to do. Now he has a special ring all his own.
6. I'm starting Bible study tomorrow night. Esther! I don't even know how to begin to say how much I'm looking forward to it.
7. I love our church. After a bit more than a month, I feel so at home, so plugged in, so challenged to grow. Love it, love it, love it.
8. I'm taking a three-week class at church called Reveal. Lots of personality assessment, spiritual gift assessment. I've been working on the tests in my booklet and am so excited to learn what it all means.
9. I think nine is plenty for a Tuesday night at 8:57. Think I'm going to sleep now. I feel like I've been fighting a cold for a while. A day with my ears hurting so I take cold medicine, a couple days of feeling fine, then another day of feeling just sort of off. Note to self: Take double Juice+ tomorrow.
10. Okay, just one more. That's a lotta links. I put them in just in case anyone wants them--no need to click on 'em if you don't care to!