A few weeks ago Toben and I had lunch with another couple--their kids go to school with our kids, their daughter is in my Brownie troop, he's a professor at Denver Seminary. In the course of our conversation, we decided to have lunch together every Sunday after church to talk theology with our kids.
- Pick one meal a week and set it aside for this specific purpose. Make dessert!
- Pick a topic--in advance--and actually write down the things you want to talk about.
- Grab a Bible; encourage your kids to grab theirs too.
- Remember it's okay to say "I don't know." Look up the answers together.
- Ask your own questions too.
- Think about including another family.