I think that 2009 is going to be a year of economy.
- using what you have
- not wasting anything
- gathering bits and pieces of time and materials to make something new
- living within the means available
- spending wisely
- knowing what's needed and what's wanted
- choosing words carefully--not wasting them
- using resources wisely (to quote the Girl Scout Law)
Much of this has to do with financial economy, but I think it also applies to how we spend our time and energy and emotions and words. It applies to housekeeping and homework, purchasing and planning.