That's the term Toben came up with the other day for that weird thing we do--wait forever to do a project we think will be a drag, but is never as bad/expensive/time-consuming as we expected.
Take the powder room.
It has had HIDEOUS wallpaper since we moved in. Hideous wallpaper that's been peeling at the edges. Hideous wallpaper that looked like a giant bruise. (I thought about digging in the trash so I could take a picture, but you'll just have to take my word for it.)
So *FINALLY* I took it down. First I set Emma and Audrey on the job. I figured that since they like to peel it little by little when they're in that bathroom, they might as well go to town--with my permission. Then I took off the rest (love that DIF!) and looked in the basement for whatever paint I had a lot of. (The previous owners left something like 20 gallons of paint down there.)
And voila! A beautiful bathroom in half a day. The only thing I had to buy was the wallpaper remover, so the total cost was something like $8.