Audrey, Emma, and Ava at Allison's wedding at Twin Bears Camp, Alaska
(Though the Alaska state flower is the forget-me-not, I think it should be the dandelion!)
Just had to share this photo of my girls! Audrey and Emma "helped" make their dresses--pinning and cutting out and sewing some of the straighter seams.
Audrey's dress is Simplicity 4255, view A (without the bow and ruffle). Making it again, I would change how the bodice lining is done. It has a raw seam inside and looks kind of messy, instead of hand sewing the lining inside to make it neater. I did mix sizes for Audrey--an 8 for the bodice and a 10 for the skirt. Be sure to measure your daughter before making it! The size 10 bodice would've been too loose and hard to adjust once it was made because of the lining. Next time, I'd also maybe add a little length--just an inch or two.
Emma's dress is McCalls 5613, view A, with rickrack added to the seam between bodice and skirt and also to the hem. I didn't add the elastic to the back seam between bodice and skirt--it seemed unnecessary. I'd add some length to this pattern too--my girls are tall!
I'd definitely make both of these again.
(As for Ava, her shirt is a hand-me-down from Emma from Old Navy!)